Taganana hiking: the guanches from Anaga
Private experience・ 3 hours ・ Historical-cultural route with astonishing views ・ Lunch included
Si tienes alguna duda, habla con nosotros a través de nuestro chat o lee nuestra sección de dudas frecuentes.
Borja (Guía): Today, I will accompany you in Taganana, the best place of Canarias to interpret the transit of a pagan society, which adored the sun, towards a new, Christian and Catholic one. A walk in a spectacular setting to discover one of the most interesting towns in the Anaga Massif.
A completely Senda to fully seize the day!
Taganana was a place inhabited by the guanches, the aboriginal population of Tenerife, since at least the 1st century before our era. It still retains the original name that its first inhabitants gave it, and even today it is the most important population center of the Anaga Rural Park, also with the Biosphere Reserve of the same name.
Through a walking of three hours, we will visit places of aboriginal worship and ancient necropolis, we will observe the signs that they leave us written on the stones to understand their magical and religious world, we will know the mystery of the origin of the Canary Islands and the way of survival of this troglodyte society.
We will also explain in situ, in historical places, the 16th and 17th centuries in Tenerife, the sugar cane and wine production industries for their export to Amberes and mainly to Plymouth and America.
Know the last trace elements of the Guanches
1. We will beging our itinerary in the Nuestra Señora de las Nieves Church, the fourth religious building more ancient of Tenerife, the key to understand the economic development of the zone.
2. Then, you will visit the Cruz Vieja, a place of aboriginal adoring, a walled area from which, they used to make offering, cults to the sun and to the moon, and to the Piedra de Los Escalones, a cultural space that forms part of an ancient aboriginal necropolis.
3. We will pass by the Piedra Partida, an ancient place of an aboriginal habitation reconverted in an established.
4. Afterwards, a visit will be made to a traditional goat farm, a living heritage of the Guanche culture.
5. We will visit the Los Auchones hacienda, a historical building where we will learn about the so-called Stately Regime, the winemaking process and the place where it has been made for five centuries.
6. Finally, we will have lunch at La Ola, a complete lunch with water, soda or a glass of wine.
At a glance
Languages: English, Spanish
Booking notice required: 48 hours
Number of people: private excursion
Duration: 3 hours
Ideal for: Friends, Families, Couples
Town: Taganana, Tenerife
Walk with a licensed guide in Geography and History, a master in Tourism and the Environment and an Official Guide to the Canary Islands.
Historical interpretation of the route.
Complete lunch menu with drinks
Bus stop at the entrance of Taganana
Optional: Pick-up at your hotel for an extra. Ask for price writing us to [email protected]