Monje winery guided tour with tasting and picnic or lunch
Felipe Monje (Bodegas Monje’s owner): vintage, wine cellar, vineyards, must smell, barrels… My father and my ancestors taught me to love the earth. A tradition since 1750. I am the fith Monje generation and I want to teach why ours bottles carry the spirit of how to do right and the Monje Family’s presence.
Guided Visit for one of the best cellar of Tenerife
Guided visit to one of the most unique wineries in Tenerife. Taste their wines with an aperitif and take a picnic or lunch to enjoy in company.
Get to know Monje Wineries
Located in “La Hollera”, Bodegas Monje is in an exceptional enclave in the municipality of El Sauzal and enjoys spectacular views of Mount Teide.
From 1750 until today, betting on wine tourism. The Monje family manages this winery whose oak barrels and current maceration systems coexist to make white, rosé and red wines with a special flavor and character.
Choose your winemaker experience
Visit the winery + Picnic
✅ GUIDED TOUR TO THE VINEYARDS
✅ CHOOSE YOUR BRUNCH PICNIC
1º MENU OF THE HARVEST
Sardines sandwich with onion and tomato, gofio meal, banana, natural fruit juice, nuts and young wine + water.
2º MENU OF THE FIELD
Spanish omelette with hog roast “cochino negro” sandwich, seasoned tomatoes, varied fruits, sponge cake made out of wine, natural juice and young wine + water.
3º VEGETARIAN MENU
Roasted vegetables sandwich with seeded bread and basil oil, seasonal vegetable juice, small garden salad, guava pastry, nuts, young wine + water.
4º CHILDREN MENU
French omelet croissant, chicken nuggets, fruits skewer and orange juice.
✅ GUIDED TOUR TO THE WINERY
Visit the winery + Lunch
- Monk winery guided tour.
- Glass of wine + aperitif during the visit.
- Traditional Canarian lunch for two people.
- Starters: Watercress butter, almogrote, chorizo palmero + Chickpeas “Tía Lola”.
- First Course: Vegetable Cream with gofio 4 cereals.
- Second course: Wood-oven roasted Pork Shoulder with sweet vegetables, Almond Mojo. lettuce and onion salad with male monk vinegar and wrinkled potatoes.
- Dessert: Homemade Quesillo + coffee or infusion.
- Drinks included: 1/2 bottle of wine per person or juice / soft drink / beer if applicable.
- After communication, we offer an alternative menu for people who do not eat meat (fish, vegetables, etc.).
At a glance
Hours: 11am, 3pm, 5pm (indicate the preferred time in the reservation).
Languages: Español, inglés, alemán
Time to book in advance: 24 hours
Number of people: 2
Duration: 3h30 (approx)
Ideal for: Couples
Destination: El Sauzal, Tenerife