Arteara Necropolis, Fataga, Ansite Fortress and much more
This Senda takes us through the pre-Hispanic past. We will visit an Indigenous King tomb while our guides tell us what Gran Canaria was like before the conquest. Afterwards, we will walk through Fataga streets, a town with preserved heritage. Then, we will taste the Canarian gastronomy. We will finish this tour visiting Ansite Fortress, the most complete aboriginal monument in Gran Canaria.
The Senda step by step
- Pick up: pick up at 09:30 at the hotel. Our first stop will be Arteara Necropolis where we will visit aboriginal tombs. In this place there is buried an indigene King who was very important for Gran Canaria.
- Second stop: our next stop is Fataga, a town with Canarian houses that preserve their traditional state, and narrow and old stone-paved streets. There we can buy typical Canarian products.
- Let’s eat!: Once we finished the visit to the picturesque Fataga town, we will go to the Typical Canarian Burro Safari Restaurant in Taidía (Santa Lucía), where we will taste an exquisite menu made with local products and the most adventurous customer can take a walk in donkey
- Última parada: The Ansite Fortress is our next destination, we will visit its Interpretation Center and enter Las Sombras Tunnel.
- Return: This will be our last stop. We will come back hotel arount 6:00 pm.
At a glance
| Time: Thursdays from 09:00 to 17:30
Languages: Spanish, English
Time to book in advance: 24 horas
Number of participants: 7 – 25
| Duration: 8,5 hours aprox.
Ideal for: Friends, Families, Couples
Town: Arteara, Fataga and Santa Lucía
| Official Tourism Guides
Ticket to Arteara Necropolis
Visit to Fataga
Lunch in a typical canarian restaurant
Visit to Ansite Fortress
Pick up and return to hotel