Hiking in Fuerteventura: Touching the sky in Pico de la Zarza
Si tienes alguna duda, habla con nosotros a través de nuestro chat o lee nuestra sección de dudas frecuentes.
Route to the highest mountain of Fuerteventura
The island of Fuerteventura is well known worldwide for its endless miles of paradise beaches. This tour will allow you to enjoy unparalleled panoramic views of the south of the island from Pico la Zarza, Fuerteventura’s largest mountain. Do not miss this adventure only for small groups (maximum 8 people) and without mixing languages.
La Senda step-by-step
1. Start: After picking up the clients at their accommodation at the established time, we will go to the starting point of this route that allows us to climb Pico de la Zarza, the highest mountain of Fuerteventura with its 807 meters, located in the south of the island and within the natural park of Jandia. This mountain is known by the majoreros as “Dunkey’s Ears”, because, together with the Pico de la Palma, from the distance they remember the shape of the ears of this animal.
2. Going up to the top: Going up the leeward side we will find some steep sections, but once we get to the top the spectacular views will make us forget about the tiredness. We will be on the roof of the island, touching the sky with our hands and at our feet miles of wild beaches, of Cofete and Barlovento, seeing the arch of Jandia with some very steep walls, remains of an old volcanic building.
3. Immortalize your moment. After a well-deserved rest and some photos to immortalize the moment, we will start the return to the starting point, and then return to the accommodation.
Note: Don’t forget to bring adequate clothing and footwear, sunscreen, water, a hat, a picnic and a windproof jacket.
At a glance
Schedule: Saturdays from 9h to 18h.
Languages: English, Spanish, German (1 language per tour).
Advance booking: 3 days.
Number of people: 2-8 people (small groups).
Duration of the tour: 5h.
Ideal for: Friends, Families, Couples, Single.
Place: Fuerteventura south.
What is included
5 hours trekking with ascent to Pico de la Zarza.
Views of Cofete and Barlovento beaches.
Pick up at accommodation.
Pick up at your accommodation. Once you buy your ticket, we will contact you to organize the collection.
Schedules and collection areas
- Puerto del Rosario – 8:30h
- Caleta de Fuste – 8:45h
- Gran Tarajal – Las Playtas – 9:30h
- Costa Calma – 9:45h
- Morro Jable – 10:00h